- Prayer Song & Illustration © Suzanne Davis Harden from Paths of Love Illustrated Prayer Song Book for Worship & Meditation © 2016 Suzanne Davis Harden All Rights Reserved. May Christ Be Honored.
Sing To The Lord A New Song ~ A Message Of Hope
“Sing to the Lord a New Song” (3:21) is an instrumental song from my Worship Album “Paths of Love.”
It was inspired by several of the Psalms.
The Pedal Steel Guitar Instrumental solo has a joyful, upbeat melody, rhythm, and tone.
When I listen to it I want to get up and shake off all my burdens and fears and dance in the freedom and grace that the Lord Jesus Christ bought for me on the cross where He suffered and died for all of my sins.
I want to rise up from wherever I am and sing His praise and offer Him thanksgiving for willingly laying down His life for me and for every man, woman, and child that ever lived or would live.
He bore all of our sins on that cross. Not only did He bear them, the Bible reveals that Jesus Christ, who never sinned, became sin that we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
Jesus Christ suffered the death and hell that I deserved because of my sins.
And then after three days the Heavenly Father raised Him up from the grave
Because the Lord Jesus rose from death, all who believe in Christ as our Lord and Savior and have His Holy Spirit dwelling within our hearts can also have the power to rise up from every situation that burdens us: the victory over our fears, freedom from bondage or whatever sin holds us captive, the freedom to forgive, release from bitterness, spiritual and emotional or physical healing according to God’s will ~~whatever need we have to rise up from~~the Lord can provide this power.
“My grace is sufficient for thee, for My strength is made perfect in thy weakness...”
(*Strong’s Bible Concordance: the word weakness in the Greek means “…weakness, frailty or sickness.../the word for strength means~ might, strength, ability, power to perform)/sufficient means to assist, to suffice, be satisfied.../made perfect means~ bring to an end, fulfill, accomplish, finish, bring to maturity or completeness, to complete or perfect…)
Christ does not promise instant results in His Word. He promises rather, a journey.
“The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me...” Psalm 138:8
Christ says we can RISE UP despite our challenges and that our healing is a process that we experience as we continue to rise up no matter what is trying to hinder us and keep us from completing our journey.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
We must keep rising up in and through and by the strength and power of the Lord within us.
“This is the word of the Lord...‘ Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6 (NASB)
Each new day we must make a conscious choice despite our circumstances to rise up and sing to the Lord a new song, for yesterday is over and gone.
“Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!” Philippians 4:4 -(NASB)
Yesterday’s song of praise and thanksgiving is not going to work for us today, nor is yesterday’s grace. We must abide in Christ every day.
“The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:5-7 (NASB)
LIFE IS DYNAMIC
Life is dynamic like time; it is ever growing, moving, expanding. Growth should also characterize our relationship with Christ. It is either ever growing or it becomes stagnate. Even if we are sick or otherwise frail we can always pray and perhaps even read or listen to God’s Word or have others read to us.
The Lord can direct us to ways we can grow in Him when we are sick and in prison. For I assure you from personal experience that sickness can indeed be a prison of isolation and disability.
We can only experience His strength and power to overcome as we flow daily in Christ, for He is the Living River of Life who is ever flowing.
If we stop flowing in Christ we are in danger of becoming like a dried up stream that eventually turns into a muddy brown ditch.
JESUS KNOWS ABOUT OUR TROUBLES
Jesus does not deny that we will have troubles. For Christ said, “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have *tribulation, but take courage; I have **overcome the world.” John 16:33 - NASB
*Tribulation means great troubles or suffering
**Overcome means succeed in dealing with a problem
In Christ, we can take courage then. By abiding in Christ each day, one day at a time, we can rise up for that day and with His help succeed in dealing with our tribulation and suffering.
His grace will help us do what we cannot do in our own strength.
“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves...” 2 Corinthians 4:7 - NASB
EACH MORNING A NEW RESURRECTION
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NASB)
*Each morning rise up and give thanks.
Visualize your waking up as a brand new resurrection for a brand new day in Christ.Yesterday has stepped into the vault of eternity, and we are not promised tomorrow. We have only this day, this moment, this new morning, and the Father has raised us from the sleep of the death of a yesterday that we know no more.
We must embrace our Holy River Who is flowing right now and not allow this precious opportunity to meet with and flow in Him to pass us by. For as the day progresses and the busier we get, the more we are likely to ignore our Holy River.
He is ever flowing as the minutes and hours of the day pass by. Our choices throughout our day reflect what we truly love.
Are we calling Jesus our Lord and yet never flowing in our precious River who sacrificed His Life for each of us? Each day that we wake up is a new opportunity from our Heavenly Father to rise again from the empty professions of yesterday.
As our Eternal River moves onward, just as the seconds of the clock are ticking, with its second hand ever moving forward in a steady motion, may we take this opportunity to sing a new song to our Lord, for He longs for His cherished child in His life to abide.
Sing praise to Jesus! Sing praise! Sing to the Lord a new song, right now in this moment we are raised to new life with our risen Savior!
Oh, let us flow with our River of Life to wherever He might take us today!
Sing praise! Sing praise! Thank Him for His grace! Thank Him for raising us from the ashes of our pain, our worries, our fears, or whatever troubles we have!
Sing praise! Sing praise! Rejoice in Christ our Savior!
Lord, how can You help me on this journey! How will You raise me up? I give You my burdens, I lay them on Thy Altar Of mercy and grace.
I ask for a new song…I rejoice in You for Thy Word promises You will lift me up out of my pit and put me on level ground. And You will give me Thy Peace as I flow in Christ, my River Of Life, In Jesus name. Amen.
Scriptures For Meditation
- (For we walk by faith, not by sight..” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- “I waited patiently for the Lord;
- And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
- He brought me up out of the pit of destruction,
- out of the miry clay,
- And He set my feet upon a rock
- making my footsteps firm.
- He put a new song in my mouth,
- a song of praise to our God;
- Many will see and fear
- And will trust in the Lord.
- How blessed is the man
- who has made the Lord his trust,
- And has not turned to the proud,
- nor to those who lapse into falsehood.
- Many, O Lord my God,
- are the wonders which You have done,
- And Your thoughts toward us;
- There is none to compare with You.
- If I would declare and speak of them,
- They would be too numerous to count.”
- Psalm 40:1-5 (NASB)
ABIDE IN CHRIST
- Jesus said, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
- I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
- If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.” John 15:4-6
GOD WILL COMPLETE US
- “For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6
GOD WORKS IN US THE DESIRE TO DO HIS WILL
- “...for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13
- *The lyrics to “Sing to the Lord a New Song” can be found in my book, “Paths of Love, Illustrated Prayer Song Book.” The Print Version of my illustrated Christian devotional is only available here in my Etsy Shop at the following link:
- Wings Publications Paths of Love
- Sing to the Lord A New Song © 2019 Suzanne Davis Harden All Rights Reserved. Wings Publications Fine Art Gifts
- Original Prayer Songs & Instrumentals For Worship & Meditation © 2016 Suzanne Davis Harden All Rights Reserved. Paths of Love
- Scripture quotations King James Version Bible Translation (Public Domain), New American Standard Bible Translation Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, Strong’s Bible Concordance (Public Domain), Original Photos © 2019 SD Harden All Rights Reserved.